Hawaiian Engravings Collection Inventory
1. Reference material - catalogue record for Hawaiian Geography book mentioned below and lists of Lahainaluna engravings and map plates in other non-AAS collections.
2. Reference material collected by Frederick E. Bauer, ca. 1980.
3. View of Holden, Massachusetts, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey, engraved by Kapeau. Two copies
4. Diamond Hill as seen from Honolulu. Engraved by Momoua
5. The Appearance of the Three Hills formed by the late eruption, on the coast at Nanawale bearing East by north one mile distant July 9, 1840. Three copies. This engraving was originally issued as an insert to the newspaper The Polynesian. It was bound in with the August 29, 1840 issue. See the Society's newspaper holdings for two additional copies of the engraving, as well as information on the engraving's sale and distribution.
6. View of a stream of lava as it entered the sea at Nanawale
. Artists: Kaleohano and Nuuahu, 1840
7. Hana Ma Maui. No artist or engraver listed
8. Lahainaluna, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey and engraved by Kepohoni, three copies
9. View of the countryback of Kailua, ca. 1836. Drawn by Miss Thurston, engraved by Kepohoni
10. Kaluana Ma Molokai. No artist listed
11. Maui seen from the anchorage at Lahaina. Engraved by Kalama and drawn by K. L.
12. Grave of Mr. McDonald, ca. 1840. 1974 photocopy from Lorrin Andrews book of sermons printed in Lahainaluna, 1840
13. Mission Seminary, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey, engraved by Momoua
14. Oahu Charity School. Engraved by Kepohoni
15. View of a building. No artist or engraver listed
16. Animal Skeletons. Engraved by Pikao
17. Hawaiian Costume, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey, engraved by Momoua
1. Kamehameha. Engraved by Kepchoni.
2. Mission Houses: Honolulu, ca. 1837. Drawn by Wheeler and engraved by Kalamu. Includes a letter mentioning the engraving
3. Female Seminary, ca.1840. Drawn by Bailey, engraved by Kapeau
4. Hilo, Hawaii, ca. 1837. Drawn by Bailey and engraved by Kepohoni, also includes a photocopy of the engraving
5. View of the bay of Kaawaloa, ca. 1835. Drawn by Miss Thurston and engraved by Kepohoni. Two copies
6. View of Kailua, Hawaii, 1836. Drawn by Miss Thurston and engraved by Kapeau
7. Bread Fruit Tree, The Banana, The Bamboo, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey and engraved by Kepohoni
8. The Night-Blooming Cerius. Drawn by Mrs. P. P. Andrews and engraved by Kepohoni
9. Temperance Map, 1843. Artist: C. Wilthberger and published y Lorrin Andrews
10. Na Mokupuni o Hawaii, ca. 1839. Engraved by Kepohoni
11. Na Mokuponi o Hawaii Nei, 1837. Drawn by Kalama
*** Many other maps engraved in Hawaii at Lahainaluna are included in the book He Mau palapala aina, a me na niele e pili ana. : Ka poepoe. Hawaii. Ainamoana. Amerika akau. Amerika huipuia. Amerika hema. Europa. Asia. Aferika, a geography text which includes maps of different parts of the world (G435 M447 M840F; also an 1842 edition).