American Studies Seminar - 1979
The following American Studies Seminar research papers were written by
the 1979 seminar, "Popular Culture in Preindustrial America, 1650-1850,"
under the supervision of David Hall.
- "The American Gift Book," by Edward Markunas
- "Changing Roles,
Views: American Motherhood, 1780-1840," by Patricia Volger
Books as "Popular Culture": The Question of the Influence of Maria
Edgeworth on the Children's Stories of Mary Robson Hughes," by Michael
- "The impact of Samuel Goodrich on children's literature," by
Bernard A. Mongilio
- "Nathaniel Coverly: Popular Printer, 1767-1816," by
Barbara A. Vayo
- "The New England Tract Society and Roman Catholicism,"
by Laura Vaught
- "William Dunlap: Comments on American Literature and Art," by Mary
Since 1978, the Society has sponsored the American
Studies Seminar for a select
group of undergraduates from the five four-year colleges and universities
in Worcester: Assumption College, Clark University, the College of the
Holy Cross, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and Worcester State College.