Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists and Writers
2016 Application Instructions
One complete fellowship application consists of the following materials:
(Download an application cover sheet to be filled out.)
- A CURRENT RESUME, including a listing of any awards, scholarships, or grants received.
- A STATEMENT of not more than five typed, double spaced pages briefly summarizing the applicant's educational and professional background and goals, describing the research for the project including readings in primary and secondary sources, and indicating the nature of the research program proposed for the AAS fellowship.
TEN COPIES of representative samples of previous works must be included for distribution to the selection committee. Written works (play and video scripts; prose and poetry; works of non-fiction, etc.) cannot exceed 25 pages in length.
- You are welcome to send two or three copies of full, completed works in addition to the 25-page sample.
- If you are submitting samples of films, videos, audio and music recordings, or reproductions (digital versions and/or photographs) of paintings,
sculptures, prints, and other art works, please send only 3 copies or sets with your completed application.
- You are strongly encouraged to include any relevant reviews of your work by professional critics.
- If you wish for any of these samples to be returned to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- TWO LETTERS OF REFERENCE should be sent directly to AAS by individuals familiar with your career accomplishments and goals.
Please send in 10 collated application packets.
Each packet should contain a cover sheet and the materials listed in items 2, 3, and 4 and in that order.
Creative and Performing Artists and Writers Fellowship
American Antiquarian Society
185 Salisbury Street
Worcester, MA 01609-1634
- Those sending in the letters of reference should use this same address.
- All application materials, including the two letters of recommendation, must be received by October 5, 2015.
If you have any questions about the submission of artistic samples, please call James David Moran, Director of Outreach, at (508) 471-2131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.