Affiliations - Scholarly Organizations
- American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS)
- American Literature Association
- Association of Research Institutes in Art History (ARIAH)
Common-place is a common place for exploring and exchanging ideas about early American history and culture. A bit friendlier than a scholarly journal, a bit more scholarly than a popular magazine, Common-place speaks--and listens--to scholars, museum curators, teachers, hobbyists, and just about anyone interested in American history before 1900.
- Independent Research Libraries Association (IRLA).
- Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing (SHARP)
The Writings of James Fenimore Cooper
AAS holds major printed and manuscript resources related to James Fenimore Cooper and is a founding and sponsoring institution of The Writings of James Fenimore Cooper.