Box List prepared by Christine Graham, April 4, 2006
- 1. Reference material - catalogue record for Hawaiian Geography book mentioned below and lists of Lahainaluna engravings and map plates in other non-AAS collections.
- 2. Reference material collected by Frederick E. Bauer, ca. 1980.
3. View of Holden, Massachusetts, ca. 1838. Drawn by
by Kapeau. Two copies
4. Diamond Hill as seen from Honolulu. Engraved by Momoua
5. The Appearance of the Three Hills formed by the late
eruption, on the
coast at Nanawale bearing East by north one mile distant July 9,
This engraving was originally issued as an insert to the newspaper
Polynesian. It was bound in with the August 29, 1840 issue. See
Society's newspaper holdings for two additional copies of the engraving,
as well as information on the engraving's sale and distribution.
6. View of a stream of lava as it entered the sea at
Kaleohano and Nuuahu, 1840
7. Hana Ma Maui. No artist or engraver listed
8. Lahainaluna, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey and engraved by
9. View of the countryback of Kailua, ca. 1836. Drawn by
engraved by Kepohoni
10. Kaluana Ma Molokai. No artist listed
11. Maui seen from the anchorage at Lahaina. Engraved by
drawn by K. L.
12. Grave of Mr. McDonald, ca. 1840. 1974 photocopy from
book of sermons printed in Lahainaluna, 1840
13. Mission Seminary, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey, engraved
14. Oahu Charity School. Engraved by Kepohoni
15. View of a building. No artist or engraver listed
16. Animal Skeletons. Engraved by Pikao
17. Hawaiian Costume, ca. 1838. Drawn by Bailey, engraved
1. Kamehameha. Engraved by Kepchoni.
2. Mission Houses: Honolulu, ca. 1837. Drawn by Wheeler
by Kalamu. Includes a letter mentioning the engraving
3. Female Seminary, ca.1840. Drawn by Bailey, engraved by
4. Hilo, Hawaii, ca. 1837. Drawn by Bailey and engraved by
also includes a photocopy of the engraving
- 5. View of the bay of Kaawaloa, ca. 1835. Drawn by Miss Thurston and engraved by Kepohoni. Two copies
6. View of Kailua, Hawaii, 1836. Drawn by Miss Thurston
7. Bread Fruit Tree, The Banana, The Bamboo, ca. 1838.
Drawn by Bailey
and engraved by Kepohoni
8. The Night-Blooming Cerius. Drawn by Mrs. P. P. Andrews
9. Temperance Map, 1843. Artist: C. Wilthberger and
published y Lorrin
10. Na Mokupuni o Hawaii, ca. 1839. Engraved by
11. Na Mokuponi o Hawaii Nei, 1837. Drawn by Kalama
*** Many other maps engraved in Hawaii at Lahainaluna are included in the book He Mau palapala aina, a me na niele e pili ana. : Ka poepoe. Hawaii. Ainamoana. Amerika akau. Amerika huipuia. Amerika hema. Europa. Asia. Aferika, a geography text which includes maps of different parts of the world (G435 M447 M840F; also an 1842 edition).