Isaiah Thomas's house, Court Hill, ca. 1912 - Isaiah Thomas’s house in Worcester was moved from Main Street to the rear of the Worcester County Court House lot after his death to make room for the construction of the granite court house that was adjacent to the Second Antiquarian Hall. From the Society’s founding in 1812 until the opening of the First Antiquarian Hall in 1820, Thomas kept the Society’s collections at his house, serving as librarian and cabinet director until October 1814. The house was demolished in 1923.
The Amerian Antiquarian Society, 1812-2012 - A View at the Bicentennial
Bibliography in the Digital Age - Ellen S. Dunlap Leads the Society into its Third Century