The first Antiquarian Hall (1820) shortly before it was dismantled - Whatever happened to the first Antiquarian Hall? When the Society moved to the corner of Highland Street adjacent to the Worcester County Courthouse in 1854, it became the home of Worcester Academy. It was attracted by the landscaped grounds, but by 1869 was ready to move away from the dusty roads and Lincoln Square. By 1912 the building was in sad disrepair, having already lost one of its 1832 wings to the construction of an adjacent apartment building and was razed. “Antiquarian Hall, Home of the Society from 1820-1850,” Worcester Magazine, November 1912..
The Amerian Antiquarian Society, 1812-2012 - A View at the Bicentennial
A Keen Scent for an Old Book - Clarence S. Brigham and Waldo Lincoln, 1908-1927