Lincoln Square, c. 1900-1910 - When the new Worcester County Courthouse was finished in 1900, it was much closer to Antiquarian Hall than the Beaux Arts style courthouse that it replaced. The bequest of Stephen Salisbury III in 1905 made it possible for the Society to begin considering a move and in 1908 Council President Waldo Lincoln created a subcommittee charged with identifying a new location for Antiquarian Hall. Eventually, the second Antiquarian Hall and its addition were torn down, and the intersection of Highland Street was widened.“Lincoln Square and Court House, Worcester, Mass.” Postcard view.
The Amerian Antiquarian Society, 1812-2012 - A View at the Bicentennial
A Private Library for the Public Good - Edmund Mills Barton, 1883-1908