Mary Robinson Reynolds - Mary Robinson Reynolds and an assistant cataloger, possibly Mary Whitcomb, who was hired in 1892, seated in the catalog room in the Annex. The slate-topped table at right was the gift of the Reverend Nehemiah Walter in 1847, and according to Reynolds, impressed Wallace Nutting, the antiquarian and maker of reproduction furniture, as a rare piece of furniture. Over the table hung a map of Lake George engraved by Thomas Johnston in 1756. The David Wood shelf clock was the gift of Clinton M. Dyer. Photographer unknown, possibly Nathaniel Paine.
The Amerian Antiquarian Society, 1812-2012 - A View at the Bicentennial
A Private Library for the Public Good - Edmund Mills Barton, 1883-1908